The following quotes are a sampling of conversations I've had the past few weeks on campus...
"So you really believe in God? In my home [China] I have never met anyone who believes in God." -SFU international student Jamie and I met in the cafeteria
"There's so much to share, and I did get opportunities for spiritual conversations/my personal testimony/use of hidden Biblical allusions to encourage my sponsor teacher and 1 specific student on the first week of practicum." -A UBC student shares about her teaching practicum at local high school, and opportunities she's had to share her faith in her workplace
"I'd really like to believe in God, I just get so confused in my science classes. I know evolution is true, so how can I believe in God?" - First year science student at UBC
"I realize that I need to trust God with these things and surrender to Him everyday."- A UBC student referring to her journey in raising financial support for a project
"It's weird that you're talking to me today about Jesus, some bad stuff has been happening recently and I've started praying, and now you and i are talking about the Bible."- UVIC student I met during a trip to Victoria during the Uvic spring break project
As you can see, God is stirring up students hearts and transforming believers. Keep praying for a revival at campuses in Vancouver!
No comments:
Post a Comment