Monday, November 8, 2010

Give Us This Day

Last night, as I thought about the week that stretched before me, I wanted to hide. Another week without a job. Another week alone for most of my waking hours. I hugged tight to Varun and went to sleep.

Doing my quiet time this morning, I was struck by the phrase, "Give us this day our daily bread". I know that God provides for us not only physically, but spiritually and emotionally as well. As I prayed the Lord's Prayer, I realized that I have been scorning what God has been giving me: days of alone time, weeks during which to pray, read, rest, organize, dream, catch up on skype. In fact, this season is God's best for me!

As I contemplated what my daily bread might be, I asked God to give me a heart to see His provision today, and that I would be given exactly what I need. This is a hard request for me to make, as I know what I want. I want social interaction. God will need to change my heart so I can see the myriad blessings which surround me.

How many ways I am given my daily bread and fail to thank God!!

No comments: