I'm pondering changes today. We had an outreach this evening called Soul Cravings where we showed a video and discussed our desires, particularly for destiny. It went really well, I think. In one discussion group, a girl mentioned being afraid of changes.
Hearing that gave me that feeling where you think, "Did i have a dream about that?" Something sounds foggy and vaguely familiar...but..? Oh right. I used to be afraid of changes. I did. Now, my life is marked by change, I can't even imagine stability.
I think I'm experiencing change-lag. It's like jet lag, but for change. I'm feeling the emotional fatigue of 4 years of traveling, adjusting, adventuring, moving...4 years of huge shifts in my experiences and skills, relationships and expectations.
Tried to skype a friend in East Asia. I think we confused our times. Tried to call my brother in Bahrain, he's getting ready to go to Church (it's friday morning there, go figure).
Now I'm complaining. Suffice to say: God has made things beautiful in their time, even changes are beautiful and awesome. God has also made us to find our rest in Him. Time for me to put down the phone, close the laptop and run into my Papa's arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment