Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Absentee Blogger

As far as blogging goes, I'm not dependable. It appears I've written under 34 posts in 13 months. That's less posts than airplane flights I've been on. Pretty bad, eh?

However, as I look to spend another year on campus, I would like this blog to be a meeting place--where I can tell stories, receive feedback and encouragement, and where you can come to pray and elicit prayer. I realize this will take some effort on my part, but I also realize that we're engaged in a battle (not only on campus, but in our lives in this fallen world), and battles are won with teamwork, communication and constancy.

So what have I, the absentee blogger, been doing?

After I finished on campus in April, I went to Montreal for a week for my beautiful roommate's wedding and to touch base with some supporters. It was delightful to share our lives, pray together and enjoy the vibrant city of Montreal!

Next, Varun and I headed to Philadelphia where he began job hunting and I began to raise support for this upcoming year, and we wedding planned! Fast forward 6 weeks and my parent's house is bursting with family, food and noise. Varun's parents and sister came for 4 weeks before the wedding and it was a blur of traveling, yummy food, bonding with family and pre-wedding madness. The wedding itself was a vision of God's work in uniting Varun and I...there was a blend of Indian food and western food, beautiful and colourful Indian attire, traditional western finery, Indian marriage traditions and a beautiful Christian service. What a day filled with joy and blessings!

Right now, Varun and I are soaking up the joys and challenges of life as newlyweds in Vancouver. The job search continues and I am continuing to raise support. At times, I feel totally lost, immature and overcome with the desire to settle into life! At present, we're not sure if we'll be able to stay in Vancouver, so much depends on Varun's job situation. Just today, however, I listened to an awesome sermon about God's plans and our plans (Tim Keller, Redeemer church)...in his sermon, Tim Keller describes the beauty of God's sovereignty weaving into our own choices and desires. I am so thankful that we serve a God who is not absentee, who does not get caught up in business, but who surrounds us with grace and who fills us with His Holy Spirit! Suddenly, the fears and troubles of the world grow strangely dim...

Please join Varun and I in prayer, largely for discernment and wisdom.

No comments: