Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A new sister!

This story was written by a student at UBC. She and I are following up with this new believer, please pray for us!

"Hi, My name is J* and I am a fourth year student at UBC.  I became involved with this club when I was in first year.  I was built in and discipled by many girls and became convinced of the need to share the Gospel with others.  However, I confess that I thought that God was powerful and faithful indeed, but I thought that my God was quiet in my life.  If there was a Saul/Paul of today, it was happening somewhere else, but not in my life.  In the beginning of September, God showed me just how powerful he was and how my tiny expectations of what he would do on campus were blown away. 

On Imagine Day, the first day of school at UBC, C4C had a booth where we were passing out Real Life Kits to students so that they would fill out SIQs (Spiritual Interest Questionnaire). We met with people that were interested and I met with a girl named Sarah*.  We got to a point in the conversation where I shared the gospel with her.  I thought she would say, "I'll think about it.", "It's not for me right now."  Looking back at what happened, God convicted me for being so hesitant, when she was so eager to hear the Gospel.  She accepted Christ right on the spot. 
 
 The actual implications of what actually happened didn't really hit me until I got on the bus to go home.  It felt wrong to go about my daily routine at home, I wanted to tell every believer I knew what had happened, I wanted to throw a party.  I think then I really experienced the feelings of the woman who lost her coin in Jesus' parables.  I was so happy I almost cried.  As I got to know Sarah better, I found out how God had been pursuing her in her life.  I was so lucky to be the person to tell her about Jesus.  But what really struck me was that anyone could've been able to share the Gospel with her.  She was just on the verge of accepting Christ.  What if she went through life and no one shared with her?  The thought scared me.  There are student on campus like Sarah who need to hear, who want to hear.  There are students on campus who through Real life Kits will start recognising their need for God.  This ministry is so crucial and as God showed me so amazingly.  He is faithful and working in the hearts of students on campus who are lost and need God."

*Names have been changed

No comments: