Evelyn and I were discussing the other day how in the west we tend to have a complaint based culture. "How are you" "Ughh, I'm SO busy...I hate the rain..." And thus we establish grounds of similarity in our shared complaints and dislikes of the world.
I'm first in line to admit I'm a perpetual complainer. In the hour since I woke up I complained about the weather, my wardrobe, the bathroom, my hair....
So, someone told me or I read it or perhaps made it up...but I've heard that thankfulness is the antidote to sadness and complaining.
Here's the list off the top of my head of what I'm thankful for this morning.
I'm thankful for...
-A roof over my head
-My godly, responsible and funny husband
-Loving family, especially that my Dad is here to visit!
-Food for breakfast
-The freedom to have Christian clubs on campus and openly share our faith
-Our Summit retreat this weekend with C4C
-Our car, which was a gift
-Amazing friends at Church who love us and care for us
-A relationship with God!
-My full support
-Part time jobs for Varun
-Health
-The opportunity to lean on God for everything, to trust in His provision
-So many people praying for me and the ministry on campus
This reminds me of Holiday Inn, an old Bing Crosby movie (which you should watch!) and a song he sings in it about thankfulness. Check it out while you make your own list--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-X0EucLT0
2 comments:
i like.
a good reminder for me, especially at the end of the week. it's great hearing about how things are going for you. <3
Post a Comment