

On my way home from campus today, I had to wait for four 99 b-line's (the biggest buses) because the line was so long. As I stood there in the pouring rain I angrily thought about the injustice of the world, the cruelty of the drivers sitting in their buses "waiting" for their proper departure time, and my own stupidity in not bringing my umbrella. Once I got to my car, I played with the radio and drove like someone who wanted to go home and felt traffic to be an unnecessary annoyance meant to bother me in particular. And then I sat at Cambie at King Ed for 25 minutes while an accident was cleared. As the cars began to move, I ended up parked with a front row seat of the damaged car (see above).
Granted, the car wasn't horribly damaged and I pray the driver (and passengers) were okay. But how sobering, eh? Suddenly all my pettiness and annoyance at the world melted away as I saw reality glaring at me. How thankful I am to have a car! And to have gotten home safely today! I'm so thankful to have had a jacket, and warm soup and a cup of tea! Today was a good reminder that the world is not out to get me, and my middle-class rants about what I deserve are selfish, obnoxious and without any real perspective...Humbing....
1 comment:
Oh man !
I soooooooooo know what you mean !
Post a Comment