Today on campus, I was very, very tired. The four day weekend seemed to leave me with a serious lack of sleep. I spent the day in a staff meeting, planning, doing admin and dreading my Bible study. I was planning on taking my Bible study girls out to share their faith for the first time, and I knew it would take a lot more energy than I had.
At one point, I plopped my head onto the desk and thought, "I SOO hope they don't show up today". Convicted by such a silly thought--I had prepared them to do evangelism and this is one of the last chances I'll have to take them--I decided to pray about it. I opened up to Philippians 4:13, a verse that got me out of bed each day when I was recovering from mono, years ago.
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
I then started reading through Philippians and gathered encouragement from Paul's description of the Gospel and seeing the endurance and perseverance in his life. If God helps me, it's okay if I feel tired.
So, my girls came and Amy and I took them out sharing.
We had an awesome time! Amy and Joanne had a conversation with a girl, K, who said she had never thought about God before! Janice and I met up with R, who grew up in Tehran was questioning/ rejecting Islam and was interested in the Gospel message! Please pray for K and R that the words we spoke would be used by God to lift the veil over their hearts!
As I drove home, I realized that my mood had lifted and I wasn't so tired anymore. It's amazing what trusting in God can do!
No comments:
Post a Comment