Friday, May 7, 2010

God's Pursuit of Y

This an email that one of my teammates received from a young student whom she had met a few years ago. This student, Y, eventually met another student in our club and finally met God. Here's his journey....

"I just want to thank you, although we have met only once, you were part of my long journey to find Him. I remember you
gave me the book by Lee Strobel called the Case for Christ. Back then I was a hard-hearted atheist and I was thirsty for scientific evidence, and you understood my situation! I recently had the courage and strength to revisit the book and went back on my track to learn and love God. One amazing thing that happened for these past couple of weeks is that I have learned to accept Christ with my heart, and I didn’t have the need and urge to seek for any more evidence. The Lee Strobel book is packed with full of evidence approached in a very scientific way in which I thought would be the perfect book for me.

But now, the book is the last thing I need in this world to prove that Jesus and God really exists. I know this because its Gods work itself to even find myself even going to church regularly and be amazed at how true and holy the bible is. I never had imagined I would turn to God for help, but for some reason I did. I had near death experiences on my volunteer trips, change in friends, got myself into fraternities, and all other struggles and forces in life that hit me hard in the heart. This happened all last year, and the last person I would have thought to even consider for help was God. But really, God is all I had at the moment. I think at this point, I started to let go myself and trust my instinct and life to God, and now for some reason all the things I read in the Bible seems very vivid to me...

I know we don’t know each other very well but I consider everyone in the community that helped me my family now, and this includes you... and countless number of people who have prayed hard for me. I know one day another person will come like I did and ask questions about God. I can assure you that down the road, your quick conversation and maybe provide some sort of book or resource for him or her will eventually guide that person to Christ one day, I can vouch for that! Keep up the good work..." -Y, student at SFU

No comments: