Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Battle of Faith

On friday, I unpacked the Bible I had used this year at school and found notes from a talk one night at Campus for Christ weekly meeting. As I read, I saw so clearly how God was inviting me to trust Him.
The talk was about the battle of faith and how it is fought in the waiting. Faith is easy on day 1, but by days498, we begin to think maybe we should have done x,y,z or believed so and so instead.
Take for example Noah. God tells him it's gonna rain, build an ark. Noah says, fine. As Noah builds the ark, and collects the animals and waits...100 years pass (Gen 5-7). Probably at the beginning, he was caught up in the hubub of building an ark out of gopher wood (what IS gopher wood, anyway?)...I imagine though, as the days passed and the years passed..Noah may have started to get a little bit nervous, wondering, "Where's the rain???"...
In the same way, it's so easy for us to get excited to step out in faith but we go packing when things get tough. Faith perseveres to the end, not giving up when things look crazy, but continuing on steadfastly.
My notes finish by saying that circumstances don't dictate reality, God does.

No comments: