Sunday, October 5, 2008

My broken umbrella


Last weekend, Campus for Christ at UBC went to a lovely spot outside of Vancouver for a weekend retreat called Summit. As a student, i had gone and enjoyed awesome times with friends, challenging talks about my walk with God and fantastic worship music. Overall, it rocked. So, naturally, I was pretty stoked to go as a staff intern.

Was I in for a surprise! As the co-EmCee (props to John Hau, fellow staff member, for Emcee-ing with me), John and I spent a lot of "free time" prepping, finding out announcements and planning to be funny. (We were). I also gave a talk on how to lead a Bible study, this also took time and prepping...As staff, Summit is a whirlwind of coordinating, speaking, praying, meeting...it's nuts! I had a great time emceeing and giving a talk, but I was so surprised at how busy I was! I guess as a student I didn't realize how much work the staff do to make Summit a reality (Thanks guys!). I sort of wish I'd had more time to bond with the students, but I guess I'll just have to do that on campus.

It's begun to rain a lot more. I guess all this busyness has brought out my procrastination tendencies. I wouldn't say I procrastinate, but I think I've finally realized I do. Anyway, my umbrella was broken for 4 weeks, and I finally broke down and bought a new one. It was $11 and has a lifetime guarantee, but you have to mail it in ($4) and send them $5 to mail the new one back...what a scam.

So, life in BC is good. Crazy, rainy...but good.

No comments: