Friday, July 25, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Regardless of my careful planning or organization, God always surprises me with His plans. To date, I have 75% of my support raised! This is an incredible answer to prayer. God has used people and situations I never would have guessed to provide for me. I have supporters in Bahrain, Canada, Malyasia, more than 10 states...God has gathered a team for me of faithful men and women who want to honour Him with their resources. Incredible!

According to my plans, I should have flown to Vancouver with Varun this past Monday. Unfortunately, what begin as a upset stomach in June has led to an exhaustive series of medical exams, Dr.s visits and lots of blood tests. As my flight keeps getting pushed further and further, I'm tempted to panic, scream and cry. Amazingly, I keep being reminded that God is sovereign amidst illness and confusion. Even this past week, God has granted me a few days in Maine and New Hampshire, more support raising appointments, and an awesome visit with an old friend, Cathy :-)

And now, as I face another week I thought I'd spend in Vancouver, I wonder why so many tests have been inconclusive, why God has me here when I want to be there, why...

I think the best part about knowing God is that we can actually know His character and love Him out of knowledge, not obligation. What I mean is, you can't fully love someone you don't know. But the more I know God, the more I can love Him as God. In proverbs, it says,

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand". (Proverbs 19:21)

God's plans aren't like mine, they don't go awry. God's purpose will stand. Knowing that, I can love Him as God, as the one who's in charge.

Earlier this year when I was feeling full of faith and the hugeness of support and work visas and moving was far off, I prayed that I would get to Vancouver the day God wanted me there. Now, when I'm finally facing the difference in my plan and God's, I'm clinging to that prayer. God, in all of His love and wisdom, know my diagnosis, knows how much support I need, knows when I'll move to British Columbia.

In other news, extra time at home means loads of ice cream, time to pack and read and more time with my family. Maybe, just maybe, I'll finish unpacking my boxes from Montreal...unless God has other plans ;-)

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I'm sorry you're feeling ill. I hope it wasn't the salmonella-tainted lunch I fed you! :) Just kidding.

You're in my prayers!