As usual, life is moving quickly forward! Since monday, our staff team has been meeting and dreaming and planning our year at UBC. I admit the title of this blog is a bit dramatic, but it happens to be a book title our staff has mentioned alot. And we've had a lot of meetings. I had NO idea that staff people do SO MUCH WORK! No one told me that before I signed on, haha...
In truth though, it's super exciting. My team is productive, organized...but more importantly, really fun and really passionate about seeing UBC changed and students on fire for God! My job is to coordinate with the student leaders the outreach to the residence, ie. reaching out to the students who are living in the dorms...I'm really not sure what all that entails, but I'm sure it'll be pretty exciting!
Life here in BC is pretty sweet...I went canoeing this saturday in Deep Cove with a friend from McGill, Jeremy. Deep cove is, in fact, a cove that is deep. It also happens to be gorgeous and have amazing views of the mountains. By the way, I'm certain that BC has many more trees (in terms of density) than eastern Canada/US. Can anyone helpe me support this fact?
It's wierd to learn to balance work and life, time working and time with friends and with Varun and with God...it's wierd to spend $5 on orange juice and live in a city where 1.5 hour commutes aren't abnormal...
1 comment:
Hey Amelia! Sounds like your year is off to a great start. Thanks for keeping us updated - we will be praying for you here at McGill and looking forward to see how God uses you to make an eternal impact.
Post a Comment