I'm liking BC! Vancouver is a very different place from Montreal. No french, no minus forty weather, no metro. British Columbia is an awesome place for those of you who have an itching to see seals, go kayaking, snowboarding, hiking...
This past week, I've spent a lot of time at UBC. Varun has been studying and I've been continuing to raise support. Which, by the way, is going well, but I need the last 20%, so keep praying! I've met lots of students here who are involved in Campus for Christ, and they're awesome! Sam, James and Dan (friends of Varun), made us lunch one day and are a constant help and encouragement to Varun. I've met Esther, who just got back from East Asia (doing missions) and many of the staff for whom I'll be working. In fact, just last night I babysat for my boss's children (who, by the way, are adorable)!
In short, it's been a whirlwind. Banking, housing, shopping, friends, Church, swing dancing, Bible study, and bus-ing all over this metropolis has kept me busy morn til night. I feel tired and excited, which is a cumbersome mix. Meeting so many students who are passionate about God has opened my eyes to the fact that God has brought me here to learn and to serve humbly.
No comments:
Post a Comment