The incredible thing about depending on God is seeing Him come through. I think a disadvantage of abundance is the ease with which we can forget our complete need for God. In my life, I have seen God "come through" by way of the many prayers God has answered in such miraculous ways. Allow me to share with you three examples.
My support! When I first signed up for this internship, I thought that $25,000 would be impossible to find. And yet God provided every penny for me out of His own abundance. One verse I love says, "For every beast of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills" (Psalm 50:10). God is Jehovah Jireh, our provider.He gives to us out of His abundance. I received my full support within one day of my report date. Thank God!!
In early spring, Varun and I began praying for my canadian visa. Because of the regulations, I needed a letter from my employer (Campus for Christ) saying I had full funding. Of course, I wasn't sure that would happen until late August...Incredibly, in April, the law was changed and I know longer needed a letter! God moved a mountain to answer my prayer :-)
Recently, I have seen God provide in a small, yet cool way. I'm currently staying at a community centre (Menno Simons) and every saturday there is a huge box of free, gourmet bread from a local bakery. Although bread doesn't seem like a novelty, I've been able to cut my grocery bill down to peanut butter and jelly, fruits and vegetables; saving on bread. Somehow every saturday when i see the bread and slice it for the week, I know that God delights in providing for me.
How has God showered you with abundance, grace, love, provision or aid recently? I'd love to hear your story....
No comments:
Post a Comment